Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year, New Post: All Time Favorite Destinations Part 1

It's been a looooooong time since I've posted, but I've decided as part of my New Year's resolution, to keep chronicling my little life and to utilize this to push me to new adventures and challenges.
I'm not really one to make New Year's resolutions; not because I think I'm above it, but just because I've just never really made them? Yeah I'm a little late to the game I guess but, it's better late than never.

As I start a new chapter in my life, I'm heading into 2015 with a lot of changes happening really quickly. I know I will be pushed out of my comfort zone and challenged every single day, but I hope that in the end, I will be a better person for it.

I want to start this new year with a post of my favorite destinations I have been to so far in hopes that in the coming year, I will get to continue to have amazing experiences with equally if not more amazing company!

1. Sardegna, Italy: A great place to lay out in the sun & turn so dark your teeth will glow in the dark.

Although I was born in the East Coast, I was raised in Southern California, right along some of the best beaches in the U.S.. So I'll admit, I am a bit of a beach snob.... but Sardegna has been one of the most memorable places I've visited. It's a beautiful little island off the coast of Western Italy, and most of it is still very rural (to my knowledge). There are a couple of major towns; however, they are just what you would imagine a quaint little Italian village to look like - cobblestones and all.

This trip was wonderfully relaxing peppered with stimulating conversation and whole Italian wood-fired pizzas 3 times the size of my face.. I mean, what more can a girl ask for? Windows desktop background of a tropical island please! I know... as if I wasn't spoiled already...

What is it with doors?

Weather forecast gloomy & rainy.. nbd I'm in Sardegna!

 Welcome to my yacht, my friends

 En route to a cave we didn't want to pay to see... #cheapcollegekids #iprobablystillwouldntpay

 La Pelosa Beach in Stintino, Sardegna 


 With my beautiful cat-eye sunnies partner-in-crime


 The 3 (very tan) Stooges

 A view from one of the forts we visited... I mean, is this real life?

 Ancient Roman ruins in Tharros

 In love with the architecture!

....because who doesn't love wine in cute rustic glass bottles?

Getting In: You can fly into Cagliari, Alghero, or Costa Smeralda Airports. We flew into Alghero and of course, even though I have a love/hate relationship with budget airlines, there's no better (a.k.a. cheaper) way to get into Sardegna than via RYANAIR or easyJet (imho). There also are ports that you can sail into, but as I have not done so, I have no idea how this works.

Getting Around: Although there are buses that you can use, it is very limited and runs only about every hour due to the low population of people that actually live there. The best and pretty economical mode of transportation you can use to see the whole, relatively small island is to rent a car. If you are staying in one area, you can also rent bikes but I highly recommend renting a car or moped to see the whole island since it is small and can be seen in one day.

Food: Some of the best recommendations I've gotten for restaurants/eateries are from locals rather than TripAdvisor/Yelp/Travel Books. So don't be afraid to ask the person in charge of where you're staying whether it's a concierge, owner of the vacation home you're renting, etc.


I can't say how unbelievably thankful I am that people have told me that they miss my blog... I mostly write so I can remember the experiences I had and hope that others can glean some useful information, but I'm happy to know that there actually are people who read my blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment