Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hello Madrid

My favorite way to get to know a city is to take my two legs for a walk and last weekend, my friend and I decided to explore the southern part of town and we were very pleasantly surprised. We frolicked through parks, stalked exotic birds, paid homage to the dead, played like little children on some swings, and burned off a shizton of calories.

The shops here in Madrid really have some unique tactics in drawing people into their stores. Definitely made me stop dead in my tracks to see what the hell kind of store this is. Can't say I remember though, the mannequin head was just a tad bit distracting.

Globalization at its finest


 Puerta de Toledo. You can take the metro line 5 (green line) and get off at Puerta de Toledo. I prefer getting off at La Latina, also off line 5, and walking down Calle de Toledo because you get an amazing view through the archways of the puerta.

Puente de Toledo

Rio Manzanares 


Parque de San Isidro

Our  tour guide for the cemetery

Club Atletico stadium

Some exercising forest? Not quite sure what to call it but there was a ball that you were supposed to push back and forth and it's supposed to work out your arms. Effectiveness? The only conclusion I can make is that it has to be a workout station for older... much older people who have jiggly arms. I felt like I was slapping a cotton ball. 


Swinging under a bridge in Madrid. The inner child in me thinks this is pretty effing cool.

Salta!

The park that's been created along the shore of the Rio Manzanares. It's a nice place to relax and watch men running in really, REALLY short ass-grazing shorts-  I mean, if you're into that kind of thing of course...

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the swing! Where is that? Would you be down to go sometime?

    ReplyDelete